Most of us use this power of our imagination poorly, unskillfully. In fact, because of our own deep-seated negative concepts about life, we unconsciously expect and imagine difficulties, and problems to be our lot in life. The result is lack and limitation, much of which we have created for ourselves. Individually and collectively, most people have probably wasted much if not most of their time in this way.
Unfortunately most people never really get their imagination working for them. Instead, they let their mind work against them, creating things they fear and don't want. The legitimate purpose of fear is to protect us from harm, but too much of it can result in trauma, phobias or emotional scars that cause us to adopt a protective posture in life. It can become a nagging problem like a barking dog without supervision.
Sometimes past incidents that were so traumatic, that we have been unable to remember them clearly, if at all. This can cause a person to behave in ways they don't like or even understand, such as exaggeration of normal patterns of behavior or other maladaptive traits that protect a person against unconscious anxiety. They may even become self-punishing or incapacitated to some extent. For example they may feel the need to constantly check the time, or that doors are locked, or feel very agitated about carrying out normal every day tasks.
Neurosis, according to Sigmund Freud, arises from inner conflicts, and particularly from insecurity in childhood. Each of us probably has a few issues with our inner child. If we could fully resolve those bad feelings from the past, then we could also reconnect with past resources, and begin to feel more resourceful, more centered, and can think about the past without it bothering us.
Most of our worries are usually unfounded. It is important to realize that we all are hampered to some extent by the negative experiences of our past. In order to turn this around we have basically two approaches. We can find a way to neutralize the intensity of bad feelings that often accompany the memories of past experiences. And we can find ways to re-invest our present and future experiences with positive emotions.
If you weren't parented in just the way you would have liked or have suffered from some abuse, you can resolve to limit the amount of time and attention you are willing to invest in this situation. Abusers have usually suffered abuse themselves, and are unable to get over it. Maybe they did the best they could with what they had to work with. Even if not, the power of forgiveness is an important key in overcoming toxic emotions.
Researchers have also proven that stress, which starts in the mind, is the number one cause of all fatigue and illness.
Doctors and scientists believe that 75% of all sickness and disease starts in the mind. Scientists have also proven that we only use about 10% of our mind. The rest is never used properly. That means 10% of our mind is causing 75% of all problems and illness. Feeling sorry for yourself saps your spirit and can start you into a downward spiral and may even impair your immune system. Just don't go there. Tell yourself that misery is optional, and just find something more interesting to do with your mind. Your mind is incredibly powerful, don't squander it.
The human body is an intricate and beautifully designed series of checks and balances. For example, we have a pain control network to regulate pain perception. The brain produces many hormones and chemicals that bear a close functional resemblance to morphine, which is the strongest painkiller doctors have. These chemicals are called endorphins. One of the endorphins, beta-endorphin, was 18 to 50 times more effective than morphine. Another endorphin, called dynorphin, was over 500 times stronger than morphine in some biological tests.
Our own opiates may explain how someone severely wounded in battle can continue to fight or have the strength to save someone else. Some scientists feel that endorphin release may be another reason some people pursue dangerous activities such as bungee jumping. So called thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies may not just be addicted to the rush of adrenaline. Prolonged, continuous exercise contributes to an increased production and release of endorphins, resulting in a sense of euphoria that has been popularly labeled “runner's high.”
In fact we are learning that addictive behavior of all sorts is intimately linked to endorphins. Besides behaving as a pain regulator, endorphins are also thought to be connected to physiological processes including euphoric feelings, appetite modulation, and the release of sex hormones.
Endorphins and other neurotransmitters are flooded into our bloodstream during stressful, as well as good times, are often felt "physically" as we get a queasy or nervous feeling in our stomachs. That "gut feeling" most people, at one time or another have felt, is our second brain talking to us. Pleasant memories such as our first bike, or a great vacation, or bad memories, as when a loved one or a pet dies are also linked to the autonomic nervous system and the brain stem. Endorphin research even suggest a link between our emotional state of well being and the health of our immune systems.
The placebo effect is also attributed to endorphin and enkephalin release, as the emotional component of receiving a sugar pill. Many types of therapies such as massage or hydrotherapy's have also been shown to release endorphins and enkephalins. Exercise, meditation , relaxation and a good sense of humor may be more helpful than what those in the medical communities once believed.
Laughter may help modern therapies and medicine as an adjunctive therapy that cost little or nothing to obtain. Norman Cousins reported that 10 minutes of solid belly laughter gave him two hours of pain free sleep when he was battling a painful degenerative disease. Several studies have shown that pain perception is reduced after exposure to comedy. Perhaps this reflects higher levels of endorphins. Expectancy also turns on the biochemical pathways in the brain that produce endorphins.
Some people refer to your hidden abilities as Mind Power, or Spiritual Power, or the Power of your Subconscious Mind, or or The Power of Positive Thinking, or Hypnotherapy. The truth is - it's ALL of them. It can create wealth, success, romance, help you lose weight, build self-confidence - anything you want. It will also help you find your true calling, give your life meaning and allow you to have inner peace as you accomplish your goals. But in order to get the most out of life you must first understand something of the amaising creative powers of your own mind.
Dr. Maxwell Maltz, one of the most important leaders in the field of self-image psychology. He gained worldwide recognition and respect for his pioneering accomplishments in the field of plastic surgery. He observed that his patients' low self-esteem often remained unchanged even after he had dramatically improved their physical appearance. So he was inspired to study deeply into the workings of the human mind.
He again gained worldwide fame as a pioneer in a new type of science discipline, the science of managing your own mind to enjoy happiness and peace of mind as you accomplish your most cherished dreams. His book was a landmark in proving that our self image is all important in determining the quality of our lives.
Dr.Maltz ultimately recommended changing our attitudes towards ourselves, rather than our appearances. Presenting positive attitude as a means for change using techniques for relaxation and visualization. His book, Psycho-Cybernetics, the best selling book ever published on self image therapy, self hypnosis, and self improvement, has sold over 30 million copies world wide.
In order to gain a competitive edge, more and more athletes employ sports psychologists to achieve "performance enhancement" through a form of mental practice known as visualization. It's doing your "sport" over and over again in your mind, with the "right moves" and the "dreamed of" result. You can do this with your eyes closed in a quiet room, in the shower, while you're waiting... any time.
Imagination is the ability to create an idea, a mental picture. Visualization is the ability to invest this mental picture with enough attention and emotion that it becomes a viable goal. Imagination can be quite powerful since it can engage both our intellectual and emotional resources. In fact if you are looking for some real magic in your life, here is where to start.
Living Consciously involves gaining awareness and integrating that awareness into our daily lives so that it truly makes a difference in how effective we are and how fulfilled we feel.
Visualization techniques like meditation is essentially a form of hypnosis which is a way of directly engaging the subconscious mind .
- The Magic of Believing, written in 1948, by Claude M. Bristol, has helped thousands attain both personal and professional goals and the appeal of its philosophy remains a powerful tool for change. Now you can turn your thoughts into real achievements too! "It's the constant and determined effort that breaks down all resistance, sweeps away all obstacles." Tnt the Power Within You - by Claude M. Bristol, Harold Sherman
- Shakti Gawain- her book, Creative Visualization, is a pioneering bestseller and perennial favorite helped launch a new movement in the personal growth field when it was first published 20 years ago. It is a classic guide teaches methods that are practical and easy to incorporate into daily life. - Download Creative Visualization from audible.com now.
- enkephalins .com - shortcuts to paradise - addiction
- Thought For The Day - lots of links here
- Self Mastery Through Conscious Autosuggestion - 1922 by Emile Coue
- Grow Rich While You Sleep by Ben Sweetland
- Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz
Reality Creation - Let's take credit and responsibility for the realities we are creating. It look like humanity it far more gifted than we ever thought possible.
Meditation Primer / Visualization - It's about creating images in our mind. Everyone has the ability to visualize; some just have developed it to a higher degree.
Subconscious Science - Healing Chatroom Transcript - Transcript of Healing Chat on Subconscious Science - Hosted by Brian Braun
The Healing Power of the Mind and Visualization - a form of self-hypnosis, is a tool anyone can use to help foster healing.
Learn How to Meditate, Concentrate and Contemplate - progressively master a foundation of relaxation and concentration and then expansion as you connect with the divine and your authenticity. "Life is a banquet. And the tragedy is that most people are starving to death."
Buddhism Site - With links, resources, and illuminating features, About.Com Guide Dick Dillon can help you on your way down the eightfold path.
- Using Creative Visualization - the process of imagining things, has many uses. The book "The Einstein Factor" talks about how it helps increase your intelligence, by building up the connectors between the neurons in your brain.
- Scrolls on Meditation and Creative Visualization - Meditation and visualization are two very powerful tools for doing inner and outer magick. Even if you don't use visualization "journeys" or for relaxation, pretty much every type of magick requires you to clearly be able to visualize your goal.
- What is Guided Imagery? - Since ancient times, storytellers have used words to paint vivid pictures in the minds of their listeners. Guided Imagery (also called guided meditation) is the process of using words (narration) and often music, to take the listener on an inner journey.
- Visualization and Affirmations for Peak Perfomance - What is the difference in the psychology of a winner and a loser; of one who is stressed out and one who is relaxed; of one who is angry and one who is calm;...
- Whole Brain Learning: Superlearning: Brain Fitness, Brain Gym nasium: Whole Brain Training, Power, Supermemory! Brain Gymnasium: Whole Brain Power, Supermemory! Using the whole brain instead of a fraction allows you to experience balance and harmony the way you were meant to be! Whole Brain Learning:
- BRAINWAVE ENTRAINMENT FREQUENCIES - a system of altered states of consciousness, with a purpose of achieving various set life goals.
- The New England Institute of Hypnotherapy - learn Creative Visualization, Add Creative Visualization to your personal or professional toolbox & create quick, dramatic change! Study hypnosis
- Audio Tapes for Creative Visualization - We are here to make you better! Our elite training systems in visualizing will help you enhance everything that contradicts your prosperity. Specific results in 10 hours guaranteed.
- Meditation For Living - tapes carefully and simply designed to inspire, challenge and improve our way of life.
- Meditate, Concentrate and Contemplate - 6 months of weekly support to progressively master a foundation of relaxation and concentration and then expansion as you connect with the divine and your authenticity.
- Visualization - Within you is the ability, the seed of greatness, an unlimited potential. It is only awaiting the stimulation of your desire to spring forth .... You have the key to that door. Hypnosis is a powerful tool in developing the mind's power of visualization. CD/tape.
- Buy Self Help Books - Buy the book The Creative Visualization Workbook at Ashleyshostingonramp, an Amazon affiliate.
- Create The Life You Want - Learn to Develop the powers of your mind and subconscious mind. Complete course shows you how to Create success, wealth, romance, happiness and more. Guaranteed results.
- Dreams Obscure - A comprehensive site on the subjects of astral projection and dreams.